Do you have experience driving projects and programmes in international and cross-organizational settings? And is your professional toolbox lined with entrepreneurship, innovation, and business development?
Then we offer you a unique opportunity to use, and further hone, these skills while making a difference for children with extraordinary challenges such as ADHD.
Are you ready to contribute to making a vision come to life?
The LEGO Foundation shares a mission with the LEGO Group: to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow. We are a Danish corporate foundation with a core team of dedicated employees with one shared passion: to make children’s lives better – and communities stronger – by making sure the fundamental value of play is understood, embraced, and acted upon. We are dedicated to building a future where learning through play empowers children to become creative, engaged, lifelong learners.
Join us to help children with special educational needs and disabilities
In a fast-paced environment with many stakeholders, you will join a specialised team of 3 focusing on our overall purpose: Play & Health – where playful methodologies are used to support children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and their families. We are currently exploring potential investment opportunities within the ADHD area, and this is where we need you.
Make a difference for children with ADHD
Project management will be a key element in a workday where you will be interacting with a myriad of stakeholders both internally and externally. Key external stakeholders will be e.g. NGOs, healthcare providers and entrepreneurs within the ADHD area.
Thus, working very independently within your area, your key tasks will be to:
- Discover, develop, and evaluate Playful LEGO-based concepts and methods for supporting children with ADHD
- Work with accelerator and incubator partners to support entrepreneurs developing their organization or their venture into a sustainable business to impact children and reach parents and/or practitioners globally
- Test and document best practices for LEGO brick-based practices for children with ADHD
- Contribute to building our voice and push for raised awareness, increased understanding, and acceptance of children with SEND, particularly ADHD
- Drive awareness of the power of learning through play and the LEGO brick as a tool to support children with SEND
- Establish inhouse knowledge of ADHD, and build a network of external experts,
- practitioners, schools etc.
Experienced project manager who can manage stakeholders at all levels
The key to your success is your ability to turn ideas into manageable projects and your ability to analyse, conceptualise and contribute to developing project opportunities. Also, it is important that you are eager to learn about Learning through Play and that you can quickly build your knowledge of ADHD if you do not already have insights into this area.
With a solid collaborative mindset, you meet stakeholders head on, making good use of your aptitude for communicating concepts and projects in a clear and effective manner. Thus, navigating external and internal stakeholders, ranging from colleagues in the team and within the LEGO ecosystem to researchers and NGO’s, you need to have what it takes to engage those around you in our vision.
Moreover, you bring:
- A master’s degree in e.g. international business development, international development, innovation, finance, management, law or engineering
- 5 + of experience driving projects and programmes in an international and cross-organisational setting (preferably within the health arena) – experience with consultancy is a plus
- 5+ years of experience with international business development, innovation, social entrepreneurship, innovation or development of new concepts and products
- Experience with the public health sector, ADHD or the like
- Excellent communication skills in written as well as spoken English
Embark with us on our journey
In the LEGO Foundation, we know creating change for the lives of children is a team effort. Therefore, we are looking for colleagues who have a true collaborative mindset and who strive to achieve synergies across functional areas of expertise. Equal to working collaboratively, we also expect you to align activities with our overall priorities, take ownership of problems as they arise and relentlessly drive progress.
We are creating change in complex and changing environments, where our agility is key to ensuring the greatest impact. So being curious, learning from experience and striving for improvement are all qualities we are looking for. Do you strive for the greater impact? Do you have a passion for Learning through play? Are you ready to act as a role model for our values? Then you are the one we are looking for.
If you would like to join our team in Billund to embark with us on our journey, then please send us your complete application, including your CV and a short motivation letter in English.
We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate.
To apply, click on the apply button below.