Senior Software Engineer
Join BK Medical to help develop the C++ software that we use to run our ultrasound scanners. This is your opportunity to become part of an innovative team where your work has a real impact on people’s lives around the world.
Our mission at BK Medical is to change the standard of care in surgical interventions with real-time visual guidance. You will become part of a true innovator in the MedTech industry with 800 colleagues in Denmark, the United States, and other locations around the world. Now, we are advancing our mission as part of GE HealthCare. This puts us in a position where we can think even bigger and unlock new opportunities for us, surgeons, and their patients. It’s a great time to join us!
As our new Senior Software Engineer, you will join our software team of 7 dedicated specialists with a mix of seniority and educational backgrounds. Our team is responsible for building and maintaining the software that controls the ultrasound hardware. The team is a part of our big software department with 35+ colleagues at our head office in Herlev. We are all specialists developing software in C++ for our ultrasound systems. Your tasks will typically involve projects, from ½ - 3 years, that involve both software and hardware-integration.
You will be part of a journey to break new ground when it comes to designing active imaging systems that are based on our deep expertise, sophisticated software, and advanced ultrasound technology. Surgical visualization is a new field that is undergoing rapid development. We are at the forefront, and you can help us stay there.
As our new Senior Software Engineer your typical tasks will include
- Participating in the entire product development process from requirements, analysis and design to implementation and testing
- Refactoring, bug-fixing, and adding new features to the existing software base
- Creating architecture and design based on specific project needs
- Coding and debugging
- Ensuring that requirements and test specifications are met, so the product ultimately meets the requirements of a medical device
We work with complete transparency, which requires that you are comfortable sharing challenges, needs and suggestions openly with your team colleagues. In addition, our project-based way of working means that you need to combine a commitment to detail with maintaining a broader perspective.
Your professional background
You bring a relevant degree – e.g., within computer science, software engineering, or similar. In addition, you have a proven track record that includes:
- Experience with C++
- Working with large codebases
- Minimum 5 years of experience from a similar position
- Experience with hardware integration
- Communicating in Danish and English
We look forward to receiving your application, in which you describe
- Your motivation for becoming part of our Software team
- Your experience and skills that are particularly relevant to the role
For more information regarding the position, you are very welcome to contact our Manager, Principal Software Engineer, Carsten Stråsø Kjær; Carsten.firstname.lastname@example.org
BK Medical is a great place to work. We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to our team at our Head office in Herlev.
Apply with QuickApply on Jobindex.