We are looking for a proactive colleague with the right team spirit to join our Marine Department in Middelfart, Denmark.
ABOUT THE JOB
As Marine Superintendent, you ensure compliance with the Company SMS as well as all statutory, flag, local and international regulations for assigned vessels within our tanker fleet.
You will work at our headquarters in Middelfart, and you will become part of a dedicated Marine Team who supports Uni-Tankers in achieving HSEQ Excellence as per company strategy and HSSE policy.
As our Marine Superintendent you will be responsible for maintaining and updating company SMS as required to fulfill industry requirements and expectations as well as respond to Safety Meetings, master’s quarterly reviews incl. detection of SMS deficiencies. Thus, you will be involved in monitoring and follow up to near miss, incidents, and nonconformity as well as assist in collecting and providing the information needed for quarterly management review.
In addition, your role will include to:
- Actively promote a good safety culture onboard company vessels
- Ensure internal and external ISM/ISPS/MLC audits are planned, executed, and maintained
- Conduct incident and accident investigations
- Establish root cause, preventive measures, and lessons learnt
- Share lessons learnt across the organization and any applicable external bodies
- Maintain and keep all required certificates up to date
- Ensure vessels are properly prepared for vetting inspections and follow up on observations
- Conduct PSC, FSI and USCG COC inspections
- Part of the in-house contingency team
- Assist in developing and maintaining emergency procedures
- Assist in developing and maintaining emergency exercises / drills.
In the role as Marine Superintendent, your workday will be varied, thus it is important that you have a structured work approach. You are comfortable working in a challenging and fast-paced environment, and you are willing to go the extra mile for the team.
- You have sailed in a senior rank position i.e. Chief Officer or Master Mariner on chemical tankers
- Experience from a similar position is strongly preferred.
- You have an adaptive and flexible mindset as well as way of working
- You are solution-oriented with an eye for details
- You are a service-minded team player with good cooperative skills
- You have sound commercial awareness and interest
- You have strong communication skills – and speak and write English fluently.
You are prepared to travel 50-60 days annually.
The right candidate is offered a competitive remuneration package including pension, health insurance etc.
CONTACT & APPLY
Please apply for the position via the ”Apply now” button below. If you have questions regarding the position, please contact Head of Marine, Lars Petter Sandsdalen at firstname.lastname@example.org. We process applications continuously, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you!
UNI-TANKERS A/S is a Danish shipping company founded in 1995. The company is based in the old maritime city of Middelfart and Aalborg. and operates a mix of approx. 40 own and chartered oil and chemical tankers in the small and intermediate segment. With its fleet, Uni-Tankers provides premium transportation and shipping services and solutions to oil majors and larger chemical producers, shipowners, investors, brokers and partners worldwide.
Uni-Tankers has a total of 77 shore-based employees located at its offices in Denmark, Turkey, France and USA as well as approx. 450 seafarers employed in its owned fleet.
Learn more about Uni-Tankers, its employees and fleet on www.uni-tankers.com