Do you want to be a part of the green transition and make an impact as R&D Director at GreenLab’s circular energy park?
GreenLab is a national research center for green technologies and together with DTU and the other technical universities in Denmark, we will facilitate and accelerate various research projects to give them commercial scale. With the inauguration of GreenLab Research, we are looking for an experienced R&D Director to initiate, design and lead the mission-driven, cross-disciplinary research projects that will take place in GreenLab.
The goal of GreenLab’s research is to scale research results to commercial value in cooperation with stakeholders in and around the GreenLab community and eco-system. The R&D Director is expected to further develop the research platform and ensure long term value creation as well as establishing GreenLab as a recognized center for excellence within the research community.
GreenLab is a green and circular energy park, a technology enabler and a global research facility specialized in accelerating research and technology to scale. The GreenLab concept transforms the way green energy is produced, converted, stored and applied through a systemic approach. A series of green companies are based in GreenLab and we are deeply involved with the education and training of the next generation of employees in the green industry.
The R&D Director will lead the execution and strategic development of GreenLab research activities to ensure the commercial value of publicly and privately funded research.
The position is currently sponsored by a grant from the VILLUM FOUNDATION in close collaboration with DTU. As part of the same grant, a Facility Manager will be hired for the Skive site, and DTU will hire a part time research coordinator.
GreenLab and DTU’s joint strategic vision is to significantly expand the R&D activities on the GreenLab Skive platform, utilizing national, European and international grants, and in collaboration with relevant universities. You will report directly to the CTO and be part of a purpose-driven management team.
- Development and management of GreenLab Skive as a National and International Research Facility.
- Together with the Facility Manager you will support design and configuration of the technical and working platform to suit research needs
- Leadership of GreenLab’s portfolio of research activities in line with our strategic goals
- Development and evaluation of project proposals in conjunction with a cross-disciplinary group of GreenLab staff, university researchers, and commercial experts/counterparts
- Consortium partnership development for collaborative, mission-driven research projects
- Maintaining an overview of and targeting multiple project funding sources, staying abreast of relevant opportunities and executing on these as needed
- General management of GreenLab’s own pool of public and private research grants, and selection of viable mission-driven research projects for acceleration and scale up
- Evaluation of incoming project proposals and their relevance for GreenLab and local society, in close coordination with various steering committees
- Further development of GreenLab Skive as a catalyst for research activities
- Collaboration with institutes across all Danish technology-based universities and further development of international research collaboration
- Managing cross-professional research teams
- Review and support of technical publications describing GreenLab research results
- Close coordination and interplay with GreenLab’s technical team and the GreenLab Innovation Center as well as the digital innovation platform development
- Synchronization between internal stakeholders, the research community, and partners
- Experience with development and management of R&D portfolios from strategy to operation in a technically advanced setting
- Experience with energy related research based on cross-sectoral, digitally integrated and holistic thinking
- Experience with general project funding and proposal writing, the EU Funding & Tenders Portal, as well as project reporting
- Ability to communicate across different disciplines, inspire researchers, attract and motivate the best talent
- Excellent writing and communication skills in Danish and English
- Network and sound reputation in the academic and private R&D sector
Place of work
The main place of work will be in the energy park GreenLab Skive. An innovation Center will be built where research activities will be housed alongside innovation/incubation and educational activities. In order to facilitate close collaboration with our university partner, DTU, and other relevant universities, meeting and conference activity across Denmark and internationally is to be expected. Remuneration and relocation suitable to experience and profile of the candidate.
Apply through the "Apply online" link below.
Start: As soon as possible
Questions: Contact external consultant Kirsten Nielsen, email@example.com or phone +45 61 31 24 03.
The unique GreenLab Skive platform is the result of an ambitious and successful business promotion project initiated by Skive Municipality and Energifonden Skive. Along with philanthropic investors Spar Vest Fonden and Norlys, GreenLab A/S is capitalized under the Business Promotion Act on the premise to promote green transition and green growth. 100 million DKK of equity and grants have led to well over one billion DKK in private investments on the site over the past five years. The development of a green laboratory is progressing well - built on sustainable and circular principles with our own supply of wind and solar energy and our SymbiosisNet that allows the companies in our park to share their surplus energy. GreenLab is ideally located between the national electricity and natural gas grids and is thus a perfect testbed for energy conversion and sector integration, further enabled by the combination of industry and Power-to-X technology. The site is designed as a plug-and-play open innovation platform with focus on data generation and access to data. The platform is an ideal steppingstone towards larger infrastructure projects such as harbors, energy islands, and grid balancing and national stakeholders and energy sector players follow the initiative closely. Thus, the project will contribute to the development of the green energy system of the future and help position Denmark as a leading green nation.