Do you want to contribute to feeding the world, and do you want to play a vital role in providing sustainably produced protein to meet that end? Put your strong QEHS skills to good use at Unibio!
Unibio is seeking an experienced QEHS specialist. This is an opportunity to work in an international and meaningful working environment in a company providing sustainable solutions to overcome the food challenge of the century and to work in the crossfield between cutting-edge fermentation technology, a premium protein product and respect for the planet’s resources.
Background on Unibio
Unibio A/S is an SME operating in the biotechnology sector with core competencies in fermentation technologies and owning the right to a unique fermentation technology – the U-Loop® technology. This technology enables methane or natural gas to be converted into a highly concentrated protein product called Uniprotein®.
Unibio’s vision is to decouple protein production from farming and fishing by delivering fermentation technology and facilitating the production of methane-based protein products, supplying a premium ingredient to the global nutrition market while supporting environmentally friendly production methods. Our mission is to provide biotechnological innovations to overcome the food challenge faced by the growing global population. Unibio believes that its science-based innovations can provide answers to some of the world’s most pressing challenges and sustain the planet for future generations.
Unibio is operated from its headquarters just east of Roskilde (5 minutes’ walk from Trekroner Station), Denmark, and has an international office in London. Unibio operates a demonstration-scale production plant in Kalundborg, Denmark.
As our QEHS specialist you will join a dedicated team of professionals and become an important part of Unibio’s journey of microbial protein production. You will be manoeuvring in a highly dynamic organization, and you cannot solve your tasks without involving multiple stakeholders.
You will perform reporting, risk assessments and auditing and observe all QESH-related activities and policies. You will ensure that operations are conducted in a safe and efficient manner and in conformance with safety regulations, integrating and implementing company and third-party QEHS policies and procedures. You will perform post-incident investigations and communicate with the management team until all action items have been closed. Finally, you will file QEHS documents and participate in job risk analysis and continual improvement.
Your main tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Quality and quality assurance (driving implementation, completion, and update of the HACCP system)
- Participate in GMP+ certification (GMP+ and ISO 22000 knowledge required)
- Responsibility for batch release
- Performing measures to ensure feed/food safety
- Supporting colleagues on the subject of product legislation
- Providing QEHS documentation
- Supporting work with environmental permits, etc.
- Monitoring of the site’s hygiene standards
- Supporting or leading initiatives within health and safety of the employees, in collaboration with the Health and Safety committee of Unibio
- Working closely with colleagues throughout the organization, dealing with deviations and making structured problem solving, as well as corrective and preventive actions and efficiency checks
- You hold a degree in feed/food science, chemistry or a related field within feed/food safety and technology
- You have experience with regulatory affairs, quality and/or production in a feed and/or food company including HACCP and GMP+
- You are the key player who ensures that we are always at the forefront and achieve the right quality and food safety
- You are ambitious, a self-starter, thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, effectively manage priorities
- Experienced in planning, strategic thinking, delivering through others, and working with virtual teams
- You speak and write English, and any other additional language skills will be considered a plus (particularly Danish)
Your primary workplace will be in Kalundborg.
How to apply
Send your job application/cover letter and CV in English using the button "Apply online" below. We hold job interviews on an ongoing basis, so please apply as soon as possible and no later than close of business on June 13th 2021. Further inquiries can be directed to Jess Dragheim, email@example.com. More information about Unibio can be found at www.unibiogroup.com.
We encourage all nationalities and genders to apply for the position. Corporate language is English.