Do you dream of a career in investment banking, consulting or private equity? A.P. Møller Holding’s Investment Team offers an international environment, continuous professional and personal development, and a unique opportunity to combine your studies with hands on experience.
A.P. Møller Holding is a privately held investment company based in Denmark with approximately USD 20 billion under management. The purpose of A.P. Møller Holding’s Investment Team is to invest in global leaders in industries with long-term growth trajectory that can help facilitate the ambition of portfolio diversification and create long-term returns for our ultimate owner, the A.P. Møller Foundation.
You will be joining the Investment Team as a Part-Time Analyst at our Head Office in Copenhagen, where we have a lean and flat structure characterized by trust and empowerment. You will be exposed to all aspects of investing from business development, sourcing, deal execution and portfolio management.
You will work with an experienced team of investment professionals with experience from some the world’s largest private equity firms and investment banks, such as Blackstone, Carlyle, EQT Partners, J.P. Morgan, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley. Our objective is to prepare you for a post-graduation job in one of the top tier investment banks, consulting firms or private equity firms.
It is important to us that you do not only excel at work, but also in your academic studies and hence work hours are flexible. We expect you to work 20 hours per week.
As a Part-Time Analyst in A.P. Møller Holding you will apply the knowledge from your academic background, while you develop your skills and learn from your experienced colleagues. You will be responsible for:
- Preparation of materials for investment decisions (e.g. company/market/financial analyses)
- Valuation work (e.g. peer group comparables, business case modelling)
- Participating in portfolio work (e.g. monthly reporting, benchmarking exercises)
- Maintaining pipeline, company databases, etc.
Who we are looking for
A.P. Møller Holding is a small, highly energized organization. We work hard and we have fun doing it. As a team, we see our different backgrounds and experiences as a genuine source of strength. This position is likely to suit somebody who:
- Has just started cand.merc. FIR, FSM, FIN, MAT, AEF or cand.polit. Alternatively you are on the final year of your bachelor education with a similar concentration
- Has excellent analytical skills and is very comfortable working in excel and powerpoint
- Has a high level of business acumen
- Has a flair for communication and good interpersonal skills
- Thrives in a busy work environment and is motivated by the international scope of our business
If you have prior work experience as a Junior Analyst from corporate finance, banking or consulting, it is considered a benefit. Our working language is English, and you must be fluent verbally as well as written. While speaking Danish is not a requirement, a student work permit is required, if you are not an EU citizen.
Deadline for applications is September 30th 2020.
Contact information: For further information, please contact either Associate Maria Ilyas at firstname.lastname@example.org, Principal Simon Ibsen at email@example.com or Head of HR Maria Pejter at firstname.lastname@example.org.