HV and substation engineer
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing company working towards a greener future?
For our highly skilled technical team we are looking for a High Voltage and substation engineer to support the project from conceptual design all the way through construction. The plants will be TSO connected large PV parks in Northern Europe.
BeGreen is a one of the largest Danish renewable energy companies. We develop, build, and operate utility scale solar power plants in Denmark, Sweden, and Poland. BeGreen was founded in 2017 on a belief that companies have a duty to create a more sustainable future. BeGreen was recently acquired by Equinor to serve as a renewable platform for northern Europe.
You will report to the CTO and will work together with dedicated colleagues on succeeding with our impressive pipeline.
Your tasks will include
- Engineer concept architecture for collector and HV-substations (132-400kV)
- Prepare SLD, general arrangement for primary system and components
- Oversee detailed design of primary and secondary systems
- Prepare protection solutions for HV-systems.
- Specify and review the design and implementation of monitoring and Scada systems.
- Prepare MV and HV cable design
- Develop technical specifications and engage with suppliers
- Interact with & evaluate HV contractors and suppliers during procurement process
- Prepare testing procedures and ensure the quality of the equipment received
- Participate in quality management of suppliers and deliveries
- Oversee the construction of the HV-substation
- Coordinate the commissioning of the HV substation
Our ideal candidate is an electrical engineer with minimum 5 years experience in HV/MV substation design.
- Experience in primary HV/MV substation components specifications, procurement, design
- A good understanding of secondary systems (measurement, protection, control, auxiliary, UPS..)
- Experience with load flow analysis
- Experience with construction projects or practical background is a plus
- An ability to draft SLD, General Arrangement
- An eagerness to learn fast and share your technical knowledge
- A natural focus on solutions and are analytical and rigorous
Proficiency in English required. Danish is a plus.
What we offer
We offer you to be part of an ambitious and fast-growing company. Working at BeGreen should be inspiring, exciting, and guided by purpose. To ensure this, we hire talented people from a broad variety of backgrounds and continuously seek to develop our employees.
BeGreen’s head office is in Haslev in beautiful surroundings near Bregentved Gods. Our second Danish office lies in central Copenhagen in an attractive area. This position will be working out of our office in Copenhagen as well as from our sites.
We offer a work structure which seeks to balance a good office working environment with flexibility.
The position is full time, 37 hours per week (excluding lunch).
If you want to learn more about this position before submitting your application, please do not hesitate to contact the CTO of BeGreen Cyrille de Baracé or Senior Grid Engineer Bjarne Andersen . Their contact details can be found on our website.
To apply, please submit your CV and a maximum one-page application letter outlining why you are the right candidate for this role.
Deadline for applications: 20th of April 2023.
Interviews will be held end of March. Please note that all enquiries will be handled with confidentiality and that we will reply to the email address from which you send your CV.
Start date: 1st of May 2023 or as discussed between the parties.
Workplace: Copenhagen – Carlsberg Byen office
Apply with QuickApply on Jobindex.