Health & Safety Manager
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing company working towards a greener future?
We are currently looking for an experienced HSE Manager to build and continuously develop the company’s management system for health & Safety.
BeGreen is a one of the largest Danish renewable energy companies. We develop, build, and operate utility scale solar power plants in Denmark, Sweden, and Poland. BeGreen was founded in 2017 on a belief that companies have a duty to create a more sustainable future. BeGreen was recently acquired by Equinor to serve as a renewable platform for northern Europe.
You will report to the CTO and will work together with a skilled team on securing a safe environment throughout the establishment of our solar PV plants.
Your main responsibilities will involve
- Create a framework and management system for health and safety in BeGreen
- Create and update procedures for the design, procurement, construction, operation of our renewable assets
- Oversee the enforcement of the HSE management system
- Develop HSE reports and KPIs
- Incident investigation
- Perform and coordinate safety inspections on site
- Lead all HSE related meetings (kick off, recurrent meetings with BeGreen emloyees, contractors, suppliers, clients and management)
- Implement best practices from the industry and from mother company Equinor
- Be a role model for HSE by promoting a responsible approach towards HSE
- Participate in audits during design, procurement and construction
- Lead the Health and safety inspection and enforcement on our sites
- Liaise with stakeholders (union, contractors, working authorities, management, community)
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications
- Experience in creation of health and safety management process
- Experience in operating under a sophisticated health and safety management system
- Is autonomous and is able to find solutions
- Passion for safety, renewable energy
- Solid knowledge of Danish and international HSE regulations
- Has at least 5 years experience in dedicated health and safety management role
- An analytical and pragmatic approach
- Ability to establish strong relationship with stakeholders
- Speaks English proficiently. Danish is a plus
What we offer
We offer you to be part of an ambitious and fast-growing company. Working at BeGreen should be inspiring, exciting, and guided by purpose. To ensure this, we hire talented people from a broad variety of backgrounds and continuously seek to develop our employees.
BeGreen’s head office is in Haslev in beautiful surroundings near Bregentved Gods. Our second Danish office lies in central Copenhagen in an attractive area. This position will be working out of our office in Copenhagen as well as from our sites.
We offer a work structure which seeks to balance a good office working environment with flexibility.
The position is full time, 37 hours per week (excluding lunch).
If you want to learn more about this position before submitting your application, please do not hesitate to contact the CTO of BeGreen Cyrille de Baracé. His contact details can be found on our website.
To apply, please submit your CV and a maximum one-page application letter outlining why you are the right candidate for this role.
Deadline for applications: 18 April 2023.
Interviews will be held end of April. Please note that all enquiries will be handled with confidentiality and that we will reply to the email address from which you send your CV.
Start date: 1 May 2023 or as discussed between the parties.
Workplace: Copenhagen – Carlsberg Byen office.
Company: BeGreen A/S
Apply with QuickApply on Jobindex.