Are you the crewmate we are searching for?
We are searching for an experienced, Software Developer for our game Deep Rock Galactic and other projects here at Ghost Ship Games. You will support the team with backend development, tools development, DevOps, and any other software development projects that support the game development and release process.
Who you are
A skilled and experienced Programmer
- Strong C++ skills and experience
- 5+ years of work experience
- Broad technical knowledge
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent qualifications
A generalist developer
- Able to take a feature from start to release
- Knows how to get feedback from those who are going to use your software
- Ability to thrive in an open development environment
- Able to spot a problem in development and make a tool to address it
- Comfortable developing and maintaining backend systems
A Team Player
- Strong work ethic and communication skills
- Open to direction, feedback, and discussion
- A good colleague that wants to make Ghost Ship Games a great place to work for others
- Proactive and able to time manage
- Not prone to seasickness :-)
What we offer
Meaningful Work Opportunities
- Your work will make the lives of everyone working on the game much easier, and they will love you for it
- You won’t be a cog in a large machine; we are a medium-sized developer where everyone has a significant impact on the final result
- DRG is one of the top 100 most played games on Steam with one of the nicest and most active communities. You will be part of making something loved by millions of players around the world.
- We offer a competitive salary
- AND a solid pension scheme plus health insurance on top of your salary
- AND a generous bonus program
- AND six weeks of paid vacation
- AND paid parental leave
- AND also, daily catered lunch buffet
Great Work Environment
- NO CRUNCH! We set our own deadlines and push them if we have to, we are well-financed and we do not believe in crunching
- Flexible working hours
- Optional work from home on Fridays
- Great colleagues and social activities
- A nice work environment in our beautiful office in Christianshavn, Copenhagen, Denmark - it’s just a regular office, not a real ship yet!
- Job start is “as soon as possible”
- Salary depends on qualifications and seniority
- This is a full-time in-house position. It is unsuitable for remote employees
- We are looking for anyone regardless of gender, ethnic background and favourite game
- We will start looking at applications from February 23rd, 2023
Who are we?
Ghost Ship Games is a Danish game development studio, founded in the spring of 2016 by a group of veteran game developers. Within a few years, we turned Ghost Ship Games into a solid and profitable game studio able to compete on Steam, PlayStation, and Xbox. In 2021, Ghost Ship Games was acquired by Embracer Group joining the growing family as a sister-company to Coffee Stain Studios.
We believe our relatively agile team size of 35 souls makes us work smart instead of hard. Our main focus is on gameplay and fun and our ambition is to develop games with us as the target audience. If we as gamers like it - so will others!
At Ghost Ship Games, we foster openness through regular discussions of ideas. We wish to hear people’s input and discuss options and alternatives. This includes collaborating with the game community, and we strive for open development. It correlates with our ways of communication: we have daily stand up meetings before lunch, and we also offer monthly 1-to-1 meetings with your lead to ensure there is ample opportunity for you to discuss your work and other important matters.
Our motto is simple: Co-op First. We will take Co-op to the next level, and make great games, focused on the core gamer.
For the big studios, co-op is a bullet point. For us, that is the whole point.
Apply with QuickApply on Jobindex.