A.P. Moller Holding offers an exciting and attractive student position in our Facilities & Events team within an international environment, continuous professional and personal development and a unique opportunity to combine your studies with hands-on experience in the Holding Company behind some of Denmark’s largest enterprises.
A.P. Moller Holding is the parent company of the A.P. Moller Group, which includes of industry leading companies. Owned by the A.P. Moller Foundation, our purpose is to develop ‘nyttig virksomhed’, i.e., to invest in and build businesses that have a positive impact on society. Through engaged ownership, we leverage our founding family’s core values, company insights and global networks to set our businesses up for success while supporting local communities. We are a small, highly energised organisation. We work hard, and we have fun doing it. As a team, we see our different backgrounds and experiences as a genuine source of strength, and we respect each other’s work-life choices. Our structure is lean and flat. We believe strongly in value creation through empowering our employees, and you will have significant independence to impact your role as well as collaborating across functions.
You will be joining the Facilities & Events Team at our Head Office in Copenhagen, where you will be supporting our 60 colleagues from all parts of A.P. Moller Holding. You will be part of our reception where you will be a positive, visible and friendly first point of contact for guests and colleagues whether in person, on the phone or through e-mail. You will get a unique exposure to all parts of the organisation, while applying your academic experience to real life challenges.
It is important to us that you do not only excel at work but also in your academic studies, and hence work hours are flexible. We expect you to work 15-20 hours per week. During holidays, more working hours are possible.
As a member of our Facilities & Events team, you will apply knowledge and skills from your academic background with hands-on experience and be responsible for tasks within the three core areas: the reception, hosting events and running facilities. Examples of these could be:
- Meet and greet guests and delegations
- Manage telephone reception of APMH’s main number and various internal and external mailboxes
- Keep the office running smoothly in general. Oversee office atmosphere, maintain a consistent visitor ready condition. Assure office facilities are in good working order to meet the business needs (e.g. meeting rooms, reception and kitchens)
- Follow safety and security protocol at all times
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and ordering of office supplies, external vendors and facilities contacts
- Assist with the planning and execution of external and internal events
- Assist colleagues with travel bookings, hotels and conference room reservations
- Take part in onboarding and offboarding process
- Manage Employee Access System and audio-visual equipment
- Perform various ad hoc administrative tasks as requested, including but not limited to subscription management, arrange for taxi service and courier pick-ups
- Provide catering and service as needed. Arrange and clean up after meetings
You will from time to time be expected to work outside of office hours when planning and executing events.
Who we are looking for
This position is likely to suit somebody who:
- Is studying for example Service, Hospitality or Tourism Management or a similar education, or someone who is on a sabbatical leave from their studies
- Enjoys taking ownership and responsibility
- Has a flair for communication, is service minded and has good interpersonal skills
- Approaches tasks with a high level of energy and is open to challenges
- Thrives in a busy work environment and is motivated by the international scope of our business
- Can work with a reasonable level of ambiguity and complexity
Our working language is English, and you must be fluent verbally as well as written. For this position, Danish is also a requirement.
Deadline for applications is 15 October 2022.
Applications will be reviewed, and interviews conducted concurrently, as we hope to fill this position as soon as possible.
Apply with QuickApply on Jobindex.