Welcome to Orphazyme and our Finance group of 10 people (7 in DK and 3 in the US) and some additional temp consultants. We are in a growth period of expanding our Finance team and we represent the HQ with affiliates in the US and Switzerland as well. This is your opportunity to be an important part of a growing, fast-paced and innovative biopharmaceutical company.
Orphazyme develops new treatment options for orphan protein-misfolding diseases and we are currently awaiting our first marketing authorizations in US and EU.
The job will include the following main responsibilities:
- Monthly controlling and balance sheet reconciliations, including analytical review of period-on-period and budget-to-actual
- Ownership of all sub-ledgers in ERP system, Microsoft Dynamics
- Intercompany accounting and reconciliations
- Accounting and controlling of contracts/work orders, including clinical trials and projects
- Preparation of accounting memos under IFRS
- Complex accounting matters (e.g. leases, financial instruments, share-based compensation)
- Accounting for Grants and heavy collaboration with Research department
- Formalization and continuous optimization of financial processes, including SOPs and work instructions
- Heavy participation in Sarbanes-Oxley implementation and compliance with internal controls
- Close collaboration with Business Finance for internal management reporting
The following experiences and training will increase your chances of success:
- At least 5 years of experience, including experience in similar role and also experience as an auditor in a big-4 accounting firm, preferably with listed client experience
- Proficiency in IFRS and the ability to write technical accounting memos
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in Danish and English, both spoken and written
- Strong analytical and documentation skills
- Excellent Excel and Power Point skills
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics ERP systems is a plus
At Orphazyme you will be part of a stimulating and informal working environment and an organizational culture that emphasizes care, courage, integrity and perseverance. Orphazyme is growing rapidly and the opportunities to contribute and influence are many. We have very skilled colleagues and learning and development opportunities are many in a company like ours.
We have fair reward policies, solid benefits and a focus on a “family feeling” in the company despite our growth in number of employees.
We are all proud to be working for the cause of bringing innovative therapeutics to patient communities with rare diseases.
Please apply online by submitting your CV and brief cover letter through this job posting.
The deadline for applying is 20 May 2021.
We encourage anyone interested in the job to apply, irrespective of gender, age, race, religion, or ethnicity.
About Orphazyme A/S
Orphazyme is a biopharmaceutical company focused on bringing novel treatments to patients living with life-threatening or debilitating rare diseases. Our research focuses on developing therapies for diseases caused by misfolding of proteins and lysosomal dysfunction. Arimoclomol, the company’s lead candidate, is in clinical development for four orphan diseases: Niemann-Pick disease Type C, Gaucher disease and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. The Denmark-based company is listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen (ORPHA.CO). For more information, please visit www.orphazyme.com.