DBI is seeking a Program Development Manager (PDM) reporting to the Head of Technology. The PDM is overall responsible for the execution of our development programs. This means, that you will be facing our customers directly acting as their trusted technical adviser ensuring they get the solutions they need. At the same time, you are responsible for the development process until handing over to production on time and as agreed.
You will have a broad range of stakeholders both externally as well as internally, e.g. customers, marketing, operations, sales.
You will play a key role in driving DBI’s product technology strategy in Denmark and taking on the full palette of responsibilities connected to the successful implementation of our strategy – all in close cooperation with our global team.
- Drive new product ranges for launch
- Meeting or exceeding customer requirements for customer specific solutions
- On-time delivery of projects within agreed total cost of ownership
As the Program Development Manager you are the one point of contact and trusted adviser for our customers and end-to-end responsible for projects.
- Project management of product development projects
- Technical sales support delivering full solution package
- Technical point of contact for customers’ engineers
- Optimization and development of product portfolio within functional plastics
- Drive standardization of protective and connective solutions together with product management
- Test and validation towards external partners and customers
- Technical documentation; e.g., product specification, TFC and DFMEA
- Leading a smaller team of skilled experts
- Technical degree at Master or Bachelor level; e.g., B.Sc. Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Languages written and oral: English (fluent)
- Minimum 3 years of project management experience with proven results
- Analytical and structured approach
- International experience
- Business acumen
- Experience with B2B and client engagement
- Experience with injection molding or plastic in general is a strong advantage
- Experience with supplier engagement is an advantage
- Experience with the IATF 16949 standard is an advantage
- Strong collaboration skills – working with many stakeholders at all levels in the organization
We are constantly working on improving and doing things even smarter. Therefore, your curiosity, creativity and proactive thinking with a hands-on attitude will be highly appreciated and encouraged. You are self-motivated, proactive, diligent and very results oriented. You thrive working in an international setting where stakeholder management and cross-functional communication are essential ingredients for being successful.
The role – Program Development Manager – requires a strong technical mindset within product development and manufacturing processes combined with a hunger for delivering technical solutions. Experience from the automotive industry, the injection molding industry, fasteners and fixings or similar parts will be an advantage.
Working out of DBI Office Stenlille, Denmark. Possibly 15-25 travelling days/year.
For additional information, please contact Global Head of HR Torben Lykkegaard Pedersen at +45 2026 1240 or e-mail at Torben.Pedersen@dbiplastics.com.
5th February 2021.
Please apply for the position by sending your cover letter and CV in English by clicking "Apply online" below.
Who we are
DBI is a privately held company founded in 1937. We offer sustainable protective and connective solutions for all major players in the highly complex and competitive automotive industry as well as for major global machine and engineering customers. The company has more than 200 employees with a turnover of 175 MDKK. Headquartered in Stenlille, Denmark, the company has production facilities in Denmark and Poland, as well as sales offices in France, Germany, Poland, Italy, USA, Mexico, and China.
DBI cultivates an informal workplace and is continuously focusing on the individual as well as organizational development with a mentality in the sweet spot between the growing global organization and the small entrepreneurial start-up company. We constantly support an open dialogue in the teams and between managers and employees and the overall development for our employees and our company.
As one of the first manufacturers of plastics in Denmark with more than 80 years of experience, today, DBI is certified according to: IATF16949:2016, ISO9001:2015, ISO14001:2015, and ISO50001:2011.
For additional information on DBI and our core values, please look here (Link).