This position provides you with the opportunity to become a part of Better Energy, a dynamic renewable energy business currently developing the largest PV solar plant in Denmark. Working as a lawyer in Better Energy, you will work together with some of the leading lawyers in the industry. You will share experience and share knowledge as you would in larger law firms, but you will also be included in the essential commercial/legal interconnection you would not else be exposed to.
Better Energy has established a legal department with dedicated and top professional lawyers, and right now we are looking for a colleague to join us. The Legal department in Better Energy consists of 10 dedicated individuals – a majority of senior lawyers who have extensive experience within their respective practice areas. They are eager to share their knowledge with you. We are currently looking for an additional five-six people to join our team.
We are seeking a Junior Employment Lawyer or Senior Assistant Attorney with good interpersonal skills to ensure a high and solid professional foundation. You will be based in Copenhagen.
More about your team
You will join a strong professional legal department.
The Legal department supports our entire value chain from ‘land to energy’– from the initial phases of securing and obtaining rights to land, to procurement, construction, financing, to operation and sales of green power, and in all phases, there are people involved. We are committed to our work, and we are proud of the impact we are making in the green transition. We are serious and highly dedicated, but we use an informal tone and love to laugh and socialise, whilst running fast and delivering what is needed.
Our primary legal focus areas are real estate, contracts, M&A, regulatory and employment law. Your main tasks will be employment law and legal matters related to employees in the workplace such as the Danish Holiday Act, collective bargaining agreements and other HR and employment law and people matters.
Please note that this is a part-time position three to four days a week. There might be an opportunity later to scale up to full time.
Your tasks will primarily be
- Drafting of employment contracts and other legal matters related to employees in the workplace, such as incentive schemes, competition clauses etc.
- Involvement in integration of people in Denmark and abroad
- Employment matters relating to our foreign businesses
- Handling of collective bargaining agreement matters
- The Danish Holidays Act
- Legal review and drafting of guidelines, policies, memorandums etc.
- Handling of supplier contract provisions regarding employment law-related matters and ensuring contractual compliance.
- Compliance matters of the group relating to the above areas.
Better Energy is an international renewable energy company that creates new green energy. The green transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy sources can only be achieved by adding new renewable energy to our energy supply. At Better Energy, we are determined to drive change and help companies, cities and countries choose green energy in a way that brings new renewables online and adds new green energy to the energy supply. We design, develop, engineer, finance, build, operate and own large-scale solar PV power plants in Denmark and abroad.
You have a legal education and relevant experience from a law firm or internal legal counsel as lawyer (one to two years of experience as a lawyer) or assistant attorney on your last year. You also have the following:
- Experience with all aspects of employment contracts
- A legal exam that is top of the class
- Ability to convert legal matters into solutions that are workable for all parties
Since we have a lot of focus on people at Better Energy, we think you will match the team best if you can say ‘yes’ that you are:
- Curious when it comes to details within your field
- Independent and proactive
- Known for your positive energy
- Professional and meticulous
- Ambitious and able to work together with others towards a common goal
- Strong in both spoken and written English
When joining Better Energy, you must be ready to drive change and make an impact that matters. You share our drive and commitment, and you are enthusiastic about joining a company with a broad professional foundation where we collaborate across departments and professional backgrounds. Like us, you are passionate about your work, and you share our vision of engineering a sustainable future. You are ambitious and motivated by working with other talented and dedicated colleagues.
You will get all the responsibility you can handle – we will continually review your ability and your ambitions. Areas of responsibility will be given on the basis of merit and qualifications and not seniority.
In the team we thrive with responsibility, are comfortable with precision work and have a good sense of what is urgent. More than this, we think you are professionally strong and well organised. You take pride in supporting the team and using your skills for the good of the team. You want to establish positive and productive relations with your colleagues and external partners. We have a dynamic work culture with short decision-making processes, so you will have the opportunity to influence and develop your own tasks and responsibilities.
What you will enjoy
Yes, we are placed in a modern office (with amenities like fitness, lounge area, good lunch scheme etc.), and we have private health insurance and an IT scheme. But you will also enjoy the following:
- You will be able to finish your assistant attorney education and take your bar exam with Better Energy
- You may keep your authorisation as Lawyer (Advokat) with Better Energy and you will attend the necessary numbers of courses needed to maintain your authorisation
- A job with great variety and many different tasks within your field
- An opportunity to join a growing business that is actually driving the green transition in Denmark and internationally
- A fun, interesting and varied job - ask anyone at Better Energy and they will say you have good opportunities for professional development as well
- Kind and talented colleagues who love to laugh together, especially at our social events
How we recruit
We know that it is our people who make the difference. Having the right skills is only part of the picture. We look for cultural fit. This means that we are very thorough when we try to find the best match for both you and Better Energy. If you are interested in applying your skills and talents to truly make a difference, send us your CV and your application through the link below.
Since finding the right candidate means so much to us, our recruitment process is an ongoing process. We will close the application process when the right candidate has been found.
If you have any questions about the position, you are more than welcome to contact Chief Legal Officer – Lawyer, Legal, Ho Kei Au, hka@betterenergy or by phone +45 40 51 78 98. If you have questions about the recruitment process, it will be great if you contact Lea Dissing at email@example.com or by phone +45 20 71 78 38.