Would you like to join a company at the forefront of wearable biometrics engineering, creating innovative monitoring devices for medical use? Do you want to develop body worn devices that can help improve the quality of life for people suffering from epilepsy, sleep diseases, or diabetes? Do you want to use your creativity in the development of our mechanical design? Then you may be our new Mechanical R&D Engineer at T&W Engineering A/S.
You will be part of our Technology Platform group embracing mechanical, electronics, and micro-electronics engineering. You will work in a small cross-functional project team with highly engaged and technically skilled colleagues. Here you will participate in the development of prototype devices for proof-of-concept and for use in research projects, either in house or with external partners. Some of the components will find way to end user products. Currently, we are focusing on an earplug-based system and welcome your competences and rich creativity to reach our goals.
- Design and development of mechanical parts for prototyping of wearable devices
- Design of parts for 3D printing
- Preparing device prototypes in various materials
- Usability testing with users, collecting feedback on design
- Participating in system design
- M.Sc. degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar educational background
- 5+ years of relevant micromechanics development experience, e.g., from the hearing aid industry
- Skilled Creo user
- Ability to sketch ideas and then transfer to prototypes
- Understand the interaction between mechanical design and electronics, inside and/or on surface
- You are an innovative engineer with a prominent ‘can do and let’s try it’-attitude
- You are a team player with an agile mindset; you have ‘drive’ and appreciate taking responsibility and can work independently
- You are communicative and open about your work for information of, and discussion with, your team members
- You wish to make a difference and you are eager to help the team reach our common goals
What we offer
- A job working with innovative technology
- Lots of room for creativity in collaboration with highly skilled colleagues
- An informal workplace with a fun and pleasant atmosphere
- Experienced and skilled colleagues with diverse backgrounds
Please submit your application and CV as soon as possible and no later than September 1st, 2020. If you require further information about this position, please contact Project Manager Mike Lind Rank at email@example.com, or Head of Technology Platform, Jens Peter Holmegaard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About T&W Engineering A/S
At T&W Engineering, we develop base technology for brain wave monitoring products designed to help and empower patients. We are focusing on small wearable embedded systems for minimal impact on patient’s everyday life. Some of our projects are co-founded by the Danish Technology Foundation (Højteknologifonden), and we cooperate with Aarhus University supporting academic research using our prototypes. We work closely with our sister company UNEEG medical A/S, which recently launched a solution for epilepsy patients, the “24/7 EEG™ SubQ” – the world’s first device enabling ultra long-term brain wave monitoring. T&W Engineering A/S, UNEEG medical A/S and WS Audiology are co-located in Lynge, housed in innovative and energy-optimised buildings powered by wind energy. Read more at www.uneeg.com and www.wsa.com.