Swire Blue Ocean is looking for a Legal Counsel.
- A master’s degree in law
- Ideally a qualified lawyer
- At least 3-5 years’ experience with practicing law
- Preferably also experience with FIDIC contracts and the construction/offshore engineering industry
- Experience with insurance – especially insurance in construction will be considered an advantage
- You are able to operate within a complex international business environment
- Knowledge of industrial organisations or business economics is a plus
- Fluent in English
We value your personal qualifications/attributes such as:
- The ability to adapt to a fast-changing environment with a hands-on approach
- The ability to stand your ground and deliver high quality, and even sometimes under tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and structured approach
- Result and business oriented
- Strong communicative skills – ability to explain complex legal analysis in plain language to business people
- You should be comfortable working with others as well as deliver on tasks independently
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Advice on negotiation tactics and strategies in relation to contract negotiations
- Preparation of contracts, interpretation and follow-up together with the relevant sales/bidding team
- Prepare the organisation for doing business under new contract types
- Advising the various projects on legal aspects of their day-to-day operations
- Advising the various projects on legal disputes and litigation scenarios
- Contact with insurance brokers, unions and industry bodies
- Advising the various businesses on regulatory and compliance issues (including assisting with drafting of policies where required)
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on legal documents (including charter agreements, service agreements, equipment purchase/hire agreements, etc) based on the operational requirements of the various businesses; assisting and sometimes driving negotiation of said documents where required
- Providing legal support on special projects such as the acquisition of new businesses/assets, including liaison with external counsel (where required) and drafting/reviewing of joint venture agreements, shareholders’ agreements and related documentation
- Day-to-day support to executive management team
- An excellent working environment in a brand-new office with great and passionate colleagues
- Challenging and exciting work in the dynamic renewables industry
- Competitive salary, pension and insurance packages
Please send your application via the link below.
If you have questions, please contact Mikkel Gleerup, phone: +45 3246 3100.
About Swire Blue Ocean
Swire Blue Ocean (SBO) is a leading provider of turbine and foundation installation services to the offshore wind industry. The company has developed a successful reputation, having delivered installation services on over twenty wind farms in Europe to clients such as Dong Energy (now Ørsted), Vattenfall, Eon and Siemens. SBO’s two jack-up vessels, Pacific Orca and Pacific Osprey, are some of the most sophisticated in their field and are well-positioned to install next-generation turbines.
SBO is now entering a new and exciting phase of development and is now stepping up the value chain to take on the full transport and installation (T&I) scope. This will require the hiring of skilled and specialist personnel, both from project execution and engineering perspectives, and also within marketing and sales. SBO’s ultimate parent company, Swire Pacific Ltd, has been in operation for over 200 years and employs over 130,000 people worldwide. The Swire Group is committed to long-term investment and considers the growth of the offshore wind industry to be an excellent prospect for development within its marine services portfolio.