Are you an experienced Legal Manager? Can you provide legal advice to your technical, financial and commercial colleagues? And would you like to be part of developing renewable energy projects in emerging markets?
Join our international team of legal experts
Nordic Power Partners cover all phases of development, construction and operation of wind and photovoltaic (PV) solar projects within developing countries. As our new Legal Manager, you will be part of an international legal team in our office in Copenhagen providing advice to NPP and our shareholders, European Energy and the Danish Climate Investment Fund.
Draft and negotiate a wide range of contracts and provide legal advice
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of contracts, e.g.
- Supply, construction and O&M agreements related to renewable energy projects
- Share and asset purchase agreements
- Loan and other financing agreements
- Researching national tariff and subsidy regimes as well as other regulations relevant for our business
- Participating in and conducting complex business negotiations
- Performing risk assessment and legal due diligence of projects and transactions
- Drafting, reviewing and improving templates and standard agreements, and providing legal advice to other departments
Excellent knowledge of international commercial contracts
- You hold a master’s degree in law or commercial law with high academic standards
- You have at least 4 years of relevant work experience, preferably from a law firm or the private sector
- You have excellent knowledge of international commercial contracts and corporate/commercial law in general and preferably experience with company and/or construction law
- Knowledge of the legal framework surrounding energy projects, especially renewable energy projects, will be considered an asset
- You are proficient in drafting and negotiating international contracts in English. Ability to work in other languages, especially Portuguese, will be considered an asset
As a person you thrive in a dynamic environment where you are always working on several cases at the same time, while your colleagues approach you for ad hoc advice – yet you are still able to keep your calm and deliver work of high quality at all times. As your colleagues do not all have a legal background, you are able to explain difficult legal concepts in a clear and precise manner. You thrive with responsibility and excel with a high level of freedom.
Reports to: Managing Director of NPP
Start Date: Immediately
Apply for the position: Please submit your application including a CV and motivational letter in English to: hr@NordicPP.com
Location: Gyngemose Parkvej 50, Søborg (close to Copenhagen), Denmark.